Since April is my birth month, I figured I’d to the 30 days of me now rather than months ago when I found it. The list is here.
Day 01- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
Actually scratch that. I’m going to give 15 facts as if we’ve never met (for any one who is new around here)
(That’s a photo from vacation with my friend Tony.)
1. Hi, I’m Cute~Ella. That’s not my real name or even close. More on that tomorrow.
2. I maintain 4 blogs for Cute~Ella (Is, Cooks, Carries and BAB&S, one under my real name for professional reasons, a tumblr account, twitters for Cute~Ella and one for me professionally, have an Etsy site and am looking into launching a group project. Oh and I work a full-time and a part-time job. How? Multitasking…and when I have too much time on my hands I’ll get in trouble.
3. I learned to crochet when I was really little but it didn’t take until my brother’s first tour of Iraq. It was the only thing I could do and not think about him flying missions.
4. I drink a smoothie and eat a yogurt every week day morning for breakfast. My days are long and I find that starting them with two fruits and a lean protein is best for me.
5. I have mini dance parties in my office when booty shaking songs come on the radio. I find this cheers me up a little.
6.I love sushi, but there’s a very good possibility that it’s because it’s more sociably acceptable to eat it with soy sauce, pickled ginger and wasabi than just eating those three on their own.
7. I randomly crave foods I don’t even like all that much. On this list? Doritos, chocolate candy, bananas, and a few others that aren’t coming to mind at the moment.
8. I love ice cold beverages. Actually, I like the ice in them.
9. I’ve already eaten an entire bag of jelly beans this Easter Season and am working on my second one. Jelly beans are my current favorite.
10. I love sending and receiving real mail. I currently have a game of “Snail Mail Hang Man” going on with my friend BatGirl. She has a head, a torso and one leg. I also love sending presents to surprise people.
11. I truly believe that I am totally blessed to have the friends and family that I do. They each bring something amazing to my life and I am so thankful that I have them in my life.
12. When I’m having a bad day or difficult time, I make it a point to make someone else smile. Whether it’s holding a door open or just making someone chuckle, I find it helps me get out of my funk to see someone else smile.
13. I want an iPad for my kitchen. That’s it, just for my kitchen. I want it to be mounted on my wall so I have my recipes and music at my finger tips so I don’t have to bring my laptop into the kitchen every time I want a recipe. I know, it’s very Star Trek TNG and I’m geeky.
14. I generally try to do my best at most of what I do. I genuinely want to do my best at everything I do, but sometimes that’s just not possible. I’m working on it and by “it”, I mean understanding that sometimes, it just has to be done and good enough.
15. I always love learning new facts about my readers. If you are new here (or have been reading here for a while but never say anything) why not say hi and tell me something about yourself. Not sure what to tell me? Answer one of the following: What’s your favorite color or food? Are you wearing pants? What’s your favorite chapstick or lip balm? I’d consider it a great birthday gift!
So. Day 02- The meaning behind your Blog name. You’ll have to come back tomorrow to find out!