Heidi over at Life in Pink posted some of her Quirks the other day and I figured that I’d share [some of] mine.
We all have them, quirks that is. Some of us more than others, some of us have bigger quirks than others, and some of us have really weird ones. What we all have in common is that quirks are what make us, well, us.
These little bits of crazy are the differences that make the world go round and make life a little more interesting. Here are Thirteen of my little bits of crazy:
- I sit on my feet almost all the time. It’s only one foot at a time, but I’m almost always sitting with a foot tucked under my upper leg/tush.
- I think there’s nothing better than getting real mail. Not bills or junk, but cards or letters from friends/family. Because of this, I send a lot of mail to make others smile.
- I hit the snooze button a minimum of 4 times every morning. It’s just so hard to wake up!
- I eat something little about every 3-4 hours (sometimes more if I’m hungry), usually a piece of fruit or some yogurt or a Luna Bar, but I have to or I get cranky.
- I am a multitasker to no end right down to brushing my teeth in the shower since I’m there anyway. (I also crochet while I watch TV, blog while stuff bakes/cooks, write notes to friends while I’m on hold etc) There are only so many hours in a day and I want to get done as much as I can!
- I make my lowercase “D” from the top down. Top down, swoop to the left and cross the stick line to the next letter. Sort of like a “J” but “Js” start at the bottom usually. My hand writing is often very different depending on my mood.
sometimesoften have the sense of humor of an 8 year old boy. Farts? They’re funny stuff. I mean think of the sound they make!
- I’m a really awful speller. I still for the life of me can not spell “probably”, “recipe” and any other number of words that your average 4th grader can spell.
- I have texture issues with food. It’s getting much better, but for a long time I refused to eat anything I felt was slimy, squishy or too wet and it shouldn’t be.
- When I’m stressed out, I pick at my skin which makes it worse, I know…It’s my thing.
- Going to a store like Walmart, Staples, or a craft store with me is either endlessly entertaining or a test of one’s patience. I’m like a little kid in there and all over the place but if you ask nicely I’ll give a running commentary on my thought process.
- I have to close the lid on the toilet before I flush it because I read that if you don’t it sends germs from the toilet contents up into the air and then they land on your tooth brush and that’s gross. This drives me nuts in public bathrooms where there’s no lid.
- I have an odd “fear” of fat in food and biting into grizzle or gross in meat. If I can see the oil/grease/butter it’s way too much and I have a really hard time eating it.
There you go, thirteen of my quirks. How about some of yours? (It doesn’t have to be thirteen, share as many as you’d like.)